Re: [Exim] how do I keep the sender header from being rewrit…

Author: Todd Jagger
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] how do I keep the sender header from being rewritten?
Dave C. wrote:

> Address rewriting is something that has to be specifically enable. There
> is no 'default' address rewriting that is done. If your exim is
> rewriiting its becuase someone has specifically configured your exim to
> do that. If you are the only person that has worked on it, then you need
> to take a closer look at the rewrite rules you have setup and determine
> how you want them to work (or not, as the acase may be). If someone else
> helped you, then they need to help you. If you have cut and pasted
> config lines into your exim config without understanding them, then go
> back and understand them.

Hi,

There are no rewrite rules in my configuration file. I don't claim to
be an expert in Exim but I have been using it since 2.04 and believe I
have a decent grasp of the configuration options.

Anyway, I figured it out. The $local_part for the bounce address has to
actually exist as a system user or Exim will rewrite the return-path
using the reply-to address. Anyone who's using Exim in conjunction with
TMDA can check the tmda-users list for more details.

Thanks,
Todd