Re: [Exim] virus filter

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Douglas Gray Stephens
A: David Snowden
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] virus filter
David,

At 14:35 (GMT+0100) on 21-June-2002, David Snowden wrote:

> Hello,
>
> What happened to the virus filter that used to be available via a
> link from the Exim home page?

There has been some discussion about the filter (check out the mail
archives
http://www.exim.org/maillist.html
) but I have a version that I posted to the list in May (see
http://www.exim.org/mailman/htdig/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20020513/038821.html
).

> We have been using the filter (currently version 0.17) for a while,
> but we are starting to come up with cases where remote sites are objecting
> to us rejecting attachments with certain extensions (eg .eml).

.eml are Outlook mail attachments, and can be used to propogate
viruses, so I would always treat them as suspect.

> Is the list of extensions based on known viruses, or on
> extensions which could potentially be used for viruses?

Extensions that can contain executables, and are known to be used by
viruses. Of course if you were being strict you could add the Office
extensions to the list to block macro viruses;-).

> Would it be possible for an attachment with a .eml suffix to
> be used to deliver a virus?

Yes.

I hope this helps,

Douglas.