Re: [Exim] virus filter

Author: Mike Meredith
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] virus filter
On Friday 21 June 2002 14:35, you wrote:
> What happened to the virus filter that used to be available via a
> link from the Exim home page?

It is no longer maintained.

> Is the list of extensions based on known viruses, or on
> extensions which could potentially be used for viruses?

Both I believe.

> Would it be possible for an attachment with a .eml suffix to
> be used to deliver a virus?

Some of the Nimbda varients use eml extensions to distribute
themselves, so yes it's a known dangerous extension.

Anyone who complains to me about the extension block gets told the same
thing ... make it a zip file and then send it.
- --
Mike Meredith, Senior Informatics Officer   /~\ The ASCII
University of Portsmouth                    \ / Ribbon Campaign
                                             X  Against HTML
Hostmaster, Postmaster and Security         / \ Email!