RE: [Exim] Sending mail with exim..

Top Pagina
Auteur: Tamas TEVESZ
Aan: Mike Gifford
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: RE: [Exim] Sending mail with exim..
On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Mike Gifford wrote:

> actually behind a firewall (which could well be the problem - although that

ah, the important bits of information are always hidden ;)

> shouldn't block port 25) I could put exim on an internet visible computer if

"should not" and "does not" are different in many ways :) i'd check
that first. (i mean, if i would admin the fw, i wouldn't let everyone
out on port 25. it's a kinda good measure to stop worms from spreading
on that somehow got inside your system)

> this is needed -- I just don't know if that is needed or not..

no, it's not. all is needed that the exim machine needs to be able to
communicate towards port 25 of other machines (or that one particular
machine, depending on what do oy exactly want to do)

--
[-]