[Exim] Re: compile fails at dbmbuild...

Author: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
To: Philip Hazel
Subject: [Exim] Re: compile fails at dbmbuild...
--
On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 01:20:43AM -0700, Bradley D. Thornton wrote:

| I've also tried those in combination with the following hack,

| >CFLAGS= -O -I/usr/include/db1/ -L/usr/lib/            <- changed

The -L really belongs in the "LFLAGS" variable since it is a linker,
not compiler, option. I'm not sure if it really matters that much,
though.

| with the following error:

| gcc -c 3D-O -I/usr/include/db1/ -L/usr/lib/ -DCOMPILE_UTILITY -o util-spool_in.o spool_in.c

         ^^
Is that just a quoted-printable artificat in your mail, or did you
really have that in your output?  It shouldn't be there.  I trimmed
it in the quoting above since '=3D' is the quoted-printable encoding
of '='.

| gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations

| >DBMLIB = -ldb1                                       <- = changed

| that's the "correct correction" for db1. i have tested it, and it
| works.

Why would you want to use db1? db3 is the current "stable" version,
and and I've heard that lots of bugs have since been discovered in
db1 [1].

| RedHat "improved" the db stuff beginning (as i recall) in 7.0, leading
| to much flailing as we all tried to figure out why our previously
| working exim setups weren't.

Someone has created RH packages somewhere ... maybe you'll be able to
find mention of it in the archives. If the options they compiled with
don't suit you, you might be able to copy some of their Makefile to
solve your problems.

HTH,
-D

[1] in particular I recently found the comments here
    http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/python/python/dist/src/configure.in?only_with_tag=HEAD

--

If your company is not involved in something called "ISO 9000" you
probably have no idea what it is.  If your company _is_ involved in ISO

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/