[Exim] domain list

Author: Martin Kaiser
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] domain list
Hi everybody,

I'm using exim 3.35 on a mail server that hosts both company and
customer domains.

The company domains are stored in a macro within the exim configuration
file

COMPANY_DOMAINS = company.at:\
                   company.biz:\
                   company.ch:\
                   company.com:\
                   company.de:\
                   company.info:\
                   company.net:\
                   company.org

Customer domains are read from a file /conf/customerDomains.
Unfortunately, the company domains are also listed in this file, there's
no way for me to get rid of them.

Now I would like to set up a director that acts upon customer domains
only. Currently, it looks like this:

virtualDomains:
driver = aliasfile
domains = !COMPANY_DOMAINS:/conf/customerDomains
file = /conf/aliases.$domain

When mail arrives for let's say company.biz, my virtualDomains director
tries to handle this mail. I suppose I'm getting something wrong with
the domain list.

Can anyone fill me in on this?

Thanks,

Martin