[Exim] Re: compiling 4.05 vs 4.03

Góra strony
Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [Exim] Re: compiling 4.05 vs 4.03
--
On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 03:55:28PM +0200, Volker Augustin wrote:
| > On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 03:41:59PM +0200, Volker Augustin wrote:
| > > what about this:
| > >
| > > #define AUTH_PLAINTEXT        yes
| > > #define AUTH_SPA              yes
| > > "define BIN_DIRECTORY         "/home/Exim/bin
| > > "define CONFIGURE_FILE        "/home/Exim/etc/configure
| > > /* CONFIGURE_FILE_USE_EUID not set */
| > >
| > > in config.h
| > >
| > > are the " characters correct?

| ah ok, i looked at it, dont cat it, and i see it was correct.... it says:

| #define something "/home/elsewhere"

| so my output i sent here was wrong....(but why? i only did 'cat config.h')

Open the file with a hex editor (eg 'ghex') or 'vim' or something like
that. It seems that you have a carriage return (aka CR or \r) before
the closing " character. If there is a CR there, it will move the
carriage (think of an old line printer or typewriter) back to the
beginning of the line before printing the next character (which ends
up overwriting the character that used to be in column 1).

HTH,
-D

--

[Perl] combines all the worst aspects of C and Lisp: a billion different
    sublanguages in one monolithic executable.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/