Re: [Exim] compiling 4.05 vs 4.03

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Volker Augustin
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] compiling 4.05 vs 4.03
On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Volker Augustin wrote:

> structs.h:499: `MAX_NAMED_LIST' undeclared here (not in a function)
> structs.h:499: size of array `domain_cache' has non-integer type

What is the content of /home/SRC/exim-4.05/build-Linux-i386/config.h?

That file is built by the "buildconfig" program that is built as part of
the building process. Somebody previously had this problem; I was never
able to reproduce it, but I thought I had put a check in 4.05 for that
case:

45. Somebody managed to set up a configuration that crashed buildconfig such
    that it left a half-built config.h but did not stop the build process. I
    can't reproduce it, but I have added a check after building config.h to
    test for the presence of its last line ("/* End of config.h */").

Please send me all output when you do a clean make from a new source.

The other person's underlying problem was that EXIM_USER was set in the
Local/Makefile to a non-existant user. But when I tried that, it
correctly gave a suitable error message. Something worth checking,
though.