Re: [Exim] Corruption of mbox mailboxes

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Odhiambo Washington
To: Matthew Byng-Maddick
CC: Exim Users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Corruption of mbox mailboxes
* Matthew Byng-Maddick <mbm@???> [20020619 00:07]: wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 08:41:00PM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> > > Ouch! Some people have to pay for bandwidth you know -- a 900 kB
> > > message on a public mailing list is *not* nice! Never mind privacy
> > > concerns...
> > It's a mailbox that is mainly for spam...user changed address but I do keep it..
>
> You STILL SENT 900K OF MESSAGE TO A PUBLIC (and high enough volume mailing
> lists). I ask people not to top-post where possible, but that really does
> take the biscuit!
>
> What the fuck were you thinking?
>
> In future, the correct way to do this is to put up the mailbox, on a public
> website, and post THE URL to the list. That way, those who are actually
> going to read your message can help.
>
> I think a public apology to the list might well be in order from you.

Yes!

Hello Everyone,

Please accept my sincere apologies for having posted a large attachment to
this list. Surely I must have been thinking with my ^$% (censored). I
should have known better to post the file on a public website (which I
do have) and point people there.

From the bottom of my heart, I am deeply remorseful.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  <wash@???>    "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

Census Taker to Housewife: Did you ever have the measles, and, if so,
how many?