Re: [Exim] queue_only and retry rules

Author: Tom Kistner
To: Tamas TEVESZ
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] queue_only and retry rules
Tamas TEVESZ wrote:

> as far as i understand exiscan, it picks messages, scans, then tries to
> make exim to deliver it. if it fails, the message stays on the queue,
> exiscan clears its msgid cache (of scanned messages) every now and
> then (1hours with my setup), so it will try to re-run it every now
> and then. but, if it fails, the message is just staying there...

exiscanv2 uses "exim -Mc <ID>" to dequeue messages. Like you said, it
will re-run this command on every stuck message every $resetinterval.

I assumed that "-Mc" was the right thing to do, since exim calls itself
in that manner to deliver messages. Now, it seems that the retry
database is not correctly updated in this scenario.

To Philip: are there any caveats when calling "-Mc" externally ?

BTW changing it to "exim -q <ID> <ID>" does not seem to help ...

As a current workaround, you can upgrade to exim 4.05 with the
local_scan() exiscan implementation. :)

regards,

/tom

--