Re: 25000-line messages [was: [Exim] Corruption of mbox mail…

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Tabor J. Wells
CC: Juha Saarinen, exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: 25000-line messages [was: [Exim] Corruption of mbox mailboxes]
On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 22:09, Tabor J. Wells wrote:
> It's already set to 40k. I think this was an accidental admin approval
> (although it wasn't me) since I saw an admin request for the posting in
> question arrive shortly before receiving the 900k email.

My fault - the web front end for approval does not show more than the
first part of the message, and the basic message content seemed on topic
for exim-users. Should have noticed the reason for moderation.

> On behalf of all of the exim-users admins I apologize for the inconvenience.

I'll be more careful in future. Unfortunately the moderation load is
increasing (the exim.org lists are all getting reasonable amounts of
spam now) so occaisional mistakes will happen.

Medium term I'm intending to front end the lists with a spamassassin
filter, which will kill some of these postings off early.

    Nigel.