Re[2]: [Exim] SMTP AUTH problem in Config file

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jason Ostrom
To: Dave C.
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re[2]: [Exim] SMTP AUTH problem in Config file
Dave C.> Whats going on here? The sender should be sending an EHLO, SMTP AUTH is
Dave C.> part of ESMTP. Is it sending EHLO? If so, why is you exim rejecting it?
Dave C.> If its sending something else, it (the sender-smtp) is broken.

Good question. Why am I seeing "unrecognized command" in the debug?

This part of the debug seems indicative of the problem:

Process 26786 is ready for new message
smtp_setup_msg entered
SMTP<< XXXX STRIKER
LOG: smtp_syntax_error MAIN
SMTP syntax error in "XXXX STRIKER" H=[xx.xx.xx.xx] unrecognized command
SMTP>> 500 unrecognized command

SMTP<< HELO STRIKER

Why am I seeing "unrecognized command"?

I have tried three different mail programs (Outlook, Outlook Express,
Bat), with all different combinations of SMTP AUTH settings, and all three have
the same problem. They all show "unrecognized command".

What am I missing? Is this a misconfiguration in the config file on
my Exim 4.05 MTA, or another problem?