Re: [Exim] using -f option with From: in the body

Autor: Greg Ward
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] using -f option with From: in the body
On 18 June 2002, Will Renkel {QA1403} said:
> nope -f
> what that does is resets the reply to address

Incorrect. -f sets the envelope sender, aka the return path or return
address. Bounces are sent to the return address, not replies.

> hence you can send all replies to somethinmg else thaen from where you are sending from.
> So if send from cygwin on ilxx-abc but ilxx-abc dont receive mail
> I can use -f Will.Renkel@??? and get replies at moto.

Sounds to me like you want to set the Reply-to header. Or set your From
header correctly in the first place. However, you also need to make
sure that your envelope sender is set correctly (for personal mail, it
should usually be set to the same address as in the From header) --
otherwise you won't get bounces.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???