Re: [Exim] problem with qualify_domain and host_accept_relay

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Richard Lithvall
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] problem with qualify_domain and host_accept_relay
On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Richard Lithvall wrote:

> ...because I haven't set neither of {sender,recipient}_unqualified_hosts.

I have gone back and re-read your original message, which said

when some host within this address range sends a
mail to my smart host with an unqualified domain (ie user@hotmail) it
doesn't reject the mail but qualifies it to user@???

You didn't really mean "unqualified"; you meant "partially-qualified".
That's what confused me. Sorry.

This is nothing to do with qualify_domain. That applies only to
addresses with NO domain.

You should run

exim -d9 -bt user@hotmail

to see how Exim handles that address. Actually, better make that -d11 so
that you see the DNS lookups as well. DNS servers are liable to do that
kind of "widening". Oh, I see you've tried with -bh. That's a start...

> mail from:user@unconfigured

*Something* has widened the domain in there. If you do that test again
using -d11 as well, you should see more.

You haven't got a wildcard MX record for your domain, by any chance,
have you?