Re: [Exim] RE: .forward && aliases

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Art the Lemming
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] RE: .forward && aliases
On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Art the Lemming wrote:

> Well, I discovered that users aliased with a domain:
>
> user@???: user
>
> where d1.com is a local domain and user is a local user with a .forward
> file containing:
>
> # Exim filter
> if personal then vacation endif
>
> fails.
>
> Removing the if/personal/endif construct solves the problem.
>
> If anyone can elaborate more on why this is so, I would be very
> grateful.

What exactly do you mean by "fails"? Please quote more details if you
need more help. Run (as root or exim or other admin user)

exim -d+filter -bt user@???

(Exim 4) or

exim -d11 -bt user@???

(Exim 3) to see how Exim is handling that address, including filter
interpretation. You will see a lot of output on the standard error
stream.