[Exim] Re: gcc 2.96 rants (was Re: Re: odd error....)

Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: gcc 2.96 rants (was Re: Re: odd error....)
--

I have only two public comments.

1)  I do recognize and appreciate the good things RedHat (the company)
    has done including publicizing linux and helping to widen public
    acceptance of it.  I recognize that a number of quality
    contributors are employees of RedHat.  I did not intend any
    personal offense to any of them.

2)  From the many responses I got it is quite clear that the
    "gcc 2.96" you (collectively) are referring to (which, I presume
    is the one on RH 7.3 cds) is not the same "gcc 2.96" that came on
    my RH 7.0 cds.  Different versions of the same product can
    certainly be very different.  I spoke from my own experience with
    gcc 2.96 as it came on my RH 7.0 cds.  It was what drove me to
    look at other distributions and find a different one.  The
    comments I received seem to indicate that the situation has
    changed since then.

-D

--

He who belongs to God hears what God says.  The reason you do not hear
is that you do not belong to God.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/