Re: [Exim] headers_check_syntax, headers_checks_fail, exim V…

Autor: Dave C.
A: Matthew Byng-Maddick
CC: Exim users list
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] headers_check_syntax, headers_checks_fail, exim V3
On Sun, 16 Jun 2002, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 08:25:59PM +0100, Alan J. Flavell wrote:
> > v3. The issue I'm dealing with right now is a header that says
> > To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
> > , about the legality of which I know different views have been
> > expressed.
>
> Could you post a cite for the standard that says it's legal, please? I'd
> be interested in seeing it.

It is not legal. It is a mis-implementation of:

To: Undisclosed Recpients : ;

which *is* legal.

Actually, you can have any text acceptable in a 'real name' part there.
If you quote it, you can have anything you want.

I beleive this is referred to a 'group syntax' in 2822 and 822...