Re: [Exim] Re: odd error....

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Juha Saarinen
To: exim-users
Nuovi argomenti: [Exim] gcc 2.96 rants (was Re: Re: odd error....)
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] Re: odd error....
On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 12:20:30AM -0500, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:

> Say, which compiler are you using? If it's gcc 2.96, trash it. It
> doesn't exist and was one of RH's biggest mistakes. (it's what
> pushed
> me to look around and become very happy with debian)

Unless you have a deep and thorough understanding of compilers in
general and gcc in particular, don't hand out "advice" like that,
especially to newbies.

For the record, I have been compiling Exim (plus the Linux kernel,
XF86 4, and much more) with gcc 2.96 with zero problems. It works
fine.

http://www.redhat.com/advice/speaks_gcc.html for RH's official take on
2.96.

--

Juha
C program run. C program crash. C programmer quit.