Re: [Exim] SMTP-TLS gateway

Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: Tamas TEVESZ
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] SMTP-TLS gateway
On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 12:44:47AM +0200,
Tamas TEVESZ <ice@???> is thought to have said:

> yOn Sat, 15 Jun 2002, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:
>
> > > internal mail server and send the outgoing via SMTP-TLS if it
> > > possible or simple SMTP if not. The relaying to out is good, but I
>
> oh. and you'll suck that, if you happen to send mails to lotus
> domino servers; or alternatively you'll have to maintain a tls
> blacklist by hand. that's with exim3, dunno if the situation changed
> in v4; but i think it hasn't.

Actually I think this is addressed in 4.05. From NewStuff:

Version 4.05
------------

 1. There was inconsistency in the way failures to set up TLS sessions in the
    smtp transport were handled when the host was not in hosts_require_tls.
    It deferred for 4xx responses to STARTTLS, but tried in clear if the actual
    TLS negotiation failed. It now does the same thing in both cases, and what
    this is can be controlled by the new option tls_tempfail_tryclear. This
    defaults true, causing a retry in clear to occur. If it is set false, these
    kinds of temporary failure cause a defer (for that host; if there are
    other hosts, they are tried).

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality