Re: [Exim] exim header proboem.

Autor: Dave C.
A: Gadgetgod
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] exim header proboem.
On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, Gadgetgod wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a ClarkConnect Redhat 7.2 based server freshly installed with the
> following packages
>
> squirrelmail-1.2.6-1
>
> apache-1.3.22-2
>
> exim-3.34-1
>
> Currently I am getting Apache [apache@???]; on behalf of; Barry
> Kemble [bk@???] instead of just my email address
> bk@??? when I receive mail via Outlook 2000.
>
> I get the correct address if I use Outlook Express or a webmail client.
>
> I have set a rewrite for my address as follows but Outlook 2000 still shows
> the apache user.
>
> headers_rewrite = bk@???     bk@??? f : \

> Apache is the user running the web server and middle.earth is the local
> domain.
>
> I have checked the Exim mail serve help pages and can't find a header
> rewrite FAQ/Howto to fix this problem.

I assume this is all relevant to when you _send_ mail from webmail.

And youve sort of answered your own question. In one of the mail
displayed in Outlook 2000, do a 'view messages source', and you will see
that no header contains that 'on behalf of' crap - OE2000 is making it
up.. Its possible that it is seeing perhaps a "Sender:" header that
differens from a "From:" header, and that is what is causing it..