Re: [Exim] Re: Restricting Aliases for Majordomo Lists

Author: Greg Ward
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: Restricting Aliases for Majordomo Lists
On 14 June 2002, Derrick 'dman' Hudson said:
> One solution is to use a MLM that doesn't require a separate "alias"
> to route messages to the recipients (eg mailman).

I've never tried it, but I don't see any reason why Mailman wouldn't
also be vulnerable to forging the address of senders allowed to post.

However, MM would let him make this a moderated list -- which is
probably a very good idea for a low-traffic newsletter with thousands of
recipients; you have to give the message a final look before it goes out
to all those thousands of people. And no big deal if someone forges the
sender address -- you just don't approve their virus/spam/whatever.

        Greg