[Exim] a serious problem with exiscan

Góra strony
Autor: Margrit Lottmann
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [Exim] a serious problem with exiscan
We've started now

exim 3.. + exiscan + sophie (daemon solution for sophos)

It works, but if there are problems around deliveries I have
serious problems:

Today I had problems with 1 server, to which most of the emails
have to delivered.

After the solution of the problem only retry-defers in the monitor window
were be written.

My configuration :

exim only queueing
exiscan with 15 scan/15 dequeue children

All previous emails and also new emails for the problem server
were deferred.
Dequeueing to other servers had worked normal.

My solution for the problem:
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

stop exiscan, exim
changing exim configure - no more only queueing
                  routing emails to the problem server over
              the second exim server

start only exim in the "normal" mode

>>> all old emails were routed now to our second exim server and

    over that server to the target server  ... without problems

>>> after all transfers of the deferred messages I had

    reconfigured the main exim server to the work with exiscan
    (also without routing to the second server)

    After the restart also the emails to the previous problem server
    were transmitted without deferring.

But this can't be the solution!!!

I've the opinion, that exiscan , which dequeues scanned messages,
has a serious problem if messages are deferred, if the first
delivery attempt isn't succesful ???

MfG Margrit Lottmann

  |                                             phone : +49 391 67  18572 |

  |                            +49 391 67  12819 |

  |              Margrit Lottmann                 fax : +49 391 67  11134 |
  | Otto-von-Guericke-Universitaet Magdeburg                              |
  | Universitaetsrechenzentrum, URZ-N                                     |
  | Universitaetsplatz 2                                                  |
  | D-39106 Magdeburg,  Germany                                           |
  |              Margrit.Lottmann@???                       |