Re: [Exim] Dots in local parts

Góra strony
Autor: Matt Bernstein
Dla: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Dots in local parts
At 12:20 +0100 Nigel Metheringham wrote:

>On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 12:11, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
>> It does seem sensible to restrict "^\..*" due to traditional mappings
>> of email addresses to files on disk, and the traditions of dotfiles,
>> which are "hidden" from a normal list, and contain configuration or
>> preference information.
>
>I'd go further than that - in general I'd expect local_parts to match
>    ^[a-zA-Z0-9][a-zA-Z0-9+:._-]*$

>ie leading alphanumeric, followed by alphanumerics and a few special
>characters. Definitely avoiding things like /\ shell meta chars etc.

..but I chose "/" do delimit my local_part suffixes because it was OK by
the RFCs, but unlikely to be found anywhere in my department :-/

Subsequently I've needed to add the rewrite rule:

# allow "--" instead of "/" for dumb web forms that don't know RFC 2822
^(.+)\-\-(.+)@REAL_DOMAIN       $1/$2@REAL_DOMAIN       Tbct

..which, although ugly, Works For Me.

Matt (beware of the pathologist)