Re: [Exim] Dots in local parts

Top Pagina
Auteur: Peter N Lewis
Aan: exim-users
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Dots in local parts
At 9:58 +0100 14/6/02, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > Yeah, I guess that was the issue - if the admin's ignore it and if it
>> then tries to deliver mail to some random .file which might be a
>> large binary file for instance, it could compromise the system.
>
>Eh? Why would it try to deliver to a random .file? Surely you configure
>Exim to check the local part before letting it deliver?

Exactly, I check the local part with:

require_files /Users/exim/exim/lists/$local_part

or perhaps

${if exists {/Users/exim/exim/lists/$local_part} ...

And so .DS_Store now looks like a good local part, and therein lies
the problem - for me anyway.  Easily fixed, but potentially tricky.
    Peter.
--
<http://www.interarchy.com/>  <http://download.interarchy.com/>