[Exim] Exim 4.05 released

Author: Philip Hazel
To: exim-users, exim-announce
Subject: [Exim] Exim 4.05 released
Exim 4.05 is now available from the master ftp site:

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/exim4/exim-4.05.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/exim4/exim-4.05.tar.bz2

cba2b805443cfa9c5c1b49ef83619da4 exim-4.05.tar.gz
105becb2c0103b4e741644740855c462 exim-4.05.tar.bz2

This is another maintenance release, with only minimal specification
changes. There has been quite a lot of maintenance. For details, see

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/ChangeLogs/ChangeLog-4.05.gz
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/ChangeLogs/NewStuff-4.05.gz

(also copied within the distribution, of course).

People might like to know how I expect development to proceed:

Since the release of Exim 4, I have deliberately confined work on the
code to maintenance and very small changes. Partly this is to let Exim 4
settle down for a while, and partly it's because I'm working on the next
edition of the book which (a) takes up a fair bit of my time and (b) is
hard to do if the thing you are writing about keeps changing.

I expect to get the bulk of the book work done by the end of July. By
that time also, I hope to have revised the Exim manual, which now has
quite a lot of maintenance pending on it as well. So there is likely to
be a 4.10 release, with minimal code changes but revised documentation,
some time before the end of July.

After that, the way is open to start thinking about some of the larger
changes that are on the Wish List and which I know some people are
waiting for. But I also need to work on PCRE, so I'll probably split my
time between the two for a few months.

Philip