[Exim] Re: Re: Frozen incoming messages?

Author: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
To: 'Exim-User (E-mail)'
Subject: [Exim] Re: Re: Frozen incoming messages?
--
On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 09:58:33PM -0500, Cory Daehn wrote:

| By the way, I finally got a response on a good bit of my frozen
| messages.

| Sure enough, in /etc/sysctl.conf I had:
| net.ipv4.tcp_ecn = 1

Oh, ECN. Stupid broken routers. (As I understand it, ECN is
backwards-compatible with the TCP *standards*, but a number of
implementations can't deal with it.)

| Just set that to off and rebooted...

You REBOOTED!?  This isn't windows.  Just run
    /sbin/sysctl -p
after editing /etc/sysctl.conf, or merely run
    echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
(which won't persist through a reboot, btw)

| Problem solved with connections timed out to a lot of servers.

Now I wonder why the error message said it couldn't get root to
setuid, but the problem was a TCP timeout. Were all the error
messages the same?

-D

--

(A)bort, (R)etry, (T)ake down entire network?

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/