Re: [Exim] Newbie looking for lots of help....

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jim Pallister
A: jan.johansson
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Newbie looking for lots of help....
>> Can I set up a virtual domain through one user account so
>> that I don't have
>> to create real users?

>Yes.

>> Keeping with virtual domains - can you make Maildir --
>> somthing like this:
>>
>>             /var/spool/mail/vitrual_domain/user_name/Maildir

>Yes.
>
>But, how much features do you want? Store user data in a sql db? flatfile? >LDAP? pop and/or IMAP access?
>
>My favourite combination is Exim + Courier POP/IMAPd.

As you can tell I am new setting up a mail server -- this is only for local users on my private network thankfully. So - flatfile should be fine - this is a small place 20 users or so. POP access - I am running teapop at the moment and it works fine - - I have it recognizing my domain names and users and it looks for a mailbox in the directory: /mail/domain.com/user_name. (I copied a mailbox with a message in it to this folder and was able to pull it in through oulook on my PC.

I need to route mail like so:

PC sends message to user_at_localdomain.com

exim looks up user_at_localdomain.com in /etc/exim/domain_aliases file (specified in a director)

alias says user_at_localdomain.com has mailbox domaincom_user
exim routes message to /mail/domain.com/domaincom_user <-- where this is a mailbox

--OR--

alias says user_at_localdomain.com has maildir /mail/domain.com/user/
exim routes message to /mail/domain.com/user/ <-- where this is a maildir

Now am I wrong in understanding the way this works