[Exim] Re: Newbie looking for lots of help....

Top Pagina
Auteur: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] Re: Newbie looking for lots of help....
--
On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 08:22:31AM -0400, Dave C. wrote:
| On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Peter N Lewis wrote:

| > At 22:38 +0000 12/6/02, John (TJ) Penton wrote:
| >
| > >Later, if you start doing aliasing, you will want to create an alias file
| > >too. Exim shouldn't need any other files iirc.
| >
| > I think you need the alias file immediately as it is referenced from
| > the default configuration, however you can use the default aliases
| > file (or even a blank one for now, although at least postmaster:
| > your@address would be good to have in it).
| >
| > >Does the user "user" exist on the system which Exim is running on? If
| > >not, create the user with the useradd command (or edit /etc/passwd).
| >
| > I didn't want to do this, so I tracked down a perl popd written by
| > Tobin Fricke, and after a bunch of changes and cleanup ended up with
| > a pop server that just uses a private password file so that users
| > don't have to have a real login account. I also wrote a quick

| You could make a regular unix account, and then use /bin/true as their
| password.

^^^^^^^^
You mean shell, right?

| This would give them a 'real' system account, but no access to log in.
| But the way you did it is good too..

| > popassd as well so they can change their password. I'll make these
| > available when they are stabilized if anyone is interested.
| >
| > >Unless you configure it especially to do so, Exim won't deliver mail to
| > >users that don't exist on the system (other than forwarding it to another
| > >mail server).
| >
| > Yep, although it's not hard. But it does require reading the
| > configuration file and a fair amount of the very good manual (I just
| > wish Acrobat searched the PDF faster!).

| There is a text version of the specification. Text tools will surely be
| faster than PDF..

vim searches rather quickly ... full regex searches too :-).

(if you want to jump to chapter 37, ^[[:space:]]*37 )

-D

--

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own
understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/