[Exim] Re: reject a recipient after DATA

Author: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: reject a recipient after DATA
--
On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 05:45:13PM -0500, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:

| I came up with the following :

| 1) in the RCPT ACL :

|     # bounceme request from <> -- bounce would freeze
|     deny    local_parts = ^.*bounceme.*
|             senders     = :
|             log_message = "bounceme request from <>"
|             message     = "can't \"bounceme\" from <>"

|     # accept now, bounce later :-)
|     accept  recipients  = bounceme

| 2) in the DATA ACL :

|     deny    condition   = ${if match {$recipients} {"bounceme"} {1}{0}}
|             log_message = "bounceme request"
|             message     = "You asked for a bounce :-)."

For the archives, I was wrong. (I also previously had a bounceme user
in /etc/passwd, just for verification to work)

Here's what works (tested with a real mail client on localhost) :

I sitll have the above ACL entries, nothing in /etc/passwd, and these
routers :

bounceme_real:
    no_verify
    driver = redirect
    local_parts = bounceme
    allow_fail
    data = :fail: You asked for a bounce.

bounceme_verify:
    driver = redirect
    local_parts = bounceme
    data = :blackhole: never!

When I sent a spam message, it came back rejected as spam. When I
sent a non-spam message it came back with the right error message.

-D

--

If we claim we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar and His
Word has no place in our lives.

Jabber ID : dman@???