Re: [Exim] Frozen incoming messages?

Autor: gward
A: Cory Daehn
CC: 'Exim-User \(E-mail\)'
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Frozen incoming messages?
On 12 June 2002, Cory Daehn said:
> For some reason, exim is freezing some of my incoming messages then
> delivering them to me hours later....

Unlikely. If Exim freezes a message, it's frozen until you manually
intervene -- unless you have set auto_thaw or something.

To find out the history of a message after it has been delivered, use
exigrep <msgid> mainlog

If the message is still in the queue (eg. frozen), you can also use this:
exim -Mvl <msgid>

Both are exceedingly useful. For one thing, you'll find out *why*
messages are being frozen.

> This is really confusing because
> my e-mail program says I have new e-mail, but it's buried below many
> hundreds of incoming messages and very hard to find.

That sounds like a problem with your MUA, not with Exim. If your MUA
tells you you have new mail, then it must have been delivered.

        Greg