Re: [Exim] need urgent help with exim 4 and RBL ?

Top Pagina
Auteur: volker augustin
Aan: Dave C., exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] need urgent help with exim 4 and RBL ?
THANKS!! :)

"Dave C." wrote:

> This is ok. You can un-comment this. This allows the message through if
> its not coming from
> outsite your host (eg, some local process does exim -bs or something)

ok

> > but how can i test if a host is blacklisted and this acl is working?
>
> Actually, all of the mail-abuse.org lists are 'by-subscription-only', so
> unless you signed a controct with them, this particular one will surely
> not work.
>
> You dont expect RBL's to prevent you from being an open relay do you?

ups ;) ok , that would explain it

> > > An empty envelope sender is an indication of a bounce. You do NOT want
> > > to reject messages on that criteria.
> > >

> > hmmmm, but spam is send by this way? or isnt it? in a previous message i posted some of this spam, what i see
> > was:
>
> Very little. (Eg, I have never seen any)
>

> > some messageid... <== <>
> >
> > and then it was relayed to so many addresses.......
>
> Were those addresses in your local domains?

hmmmm, maybe it could be that postgres will return also a NULL value ?! (thats only a thought)... i dont really
think so.

> Was the sender host in your
> relay_from_hosts?

no, i tried this, but then it seems my server would not relay to local-domains.... i played around with it, set
relay_from_hosts to ' ! my.dialup.ip.address' and was denied.

could there be an error in the statement
    relay_from_hosts = ! some.host.tobe.blocked ?
does exim know what i mean with that?

> Those are the two checks that control relaying. Your
> confiiguration should require at least one of those conditions to be
> true (or authentication) to accept the message.
>
> The empty sender is not what allowed it to be relayed. Something else
> wrong n your configuration did.
>
> You might try this:
>
> exim -d+acl -bh 1.2.3.4
>
> That will run an fake SMTP session as if it came from host 1.2.3.4
>
> And then do:
>
> HELO whatever
> mail from: fake_address_1231212@???
> rcpt to: fake_address356345@???
>
> You SHOULD get a deny at this point. If not, the debugging output that
> -d+acl gives you should be able to explain why not..

i will try out :) still walking through the debug output.....

thanks a lot !!!

volker