[Exim] Re: new acl problem

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Re: new acl problem
On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 08:59:13PM -0400, Dave C. wrote:
| On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
| > A while back (probably a couple months) I changed part of my data acl
| > from
| >     require verify = header_syntax
| >     require !hosts   = mary.itusa.org : martha.iteams.org : deborah.iteams.org
| >             verify  = header_syntax
| > because a certain piece of software was sending me mail with an
| > invalid From: header (the address part was <>).  Up until today, I've
| > had no problems with this.  (actually, I think the messages were still
| > being rejected, but it wasn't that big of a deal)
| >
| > Today I saw that all messages from martha.iteams.org were being
| > rejected with only this info in the log :
| >     rejected after DATA
| >
| > I corrected the ACL to allow all DSNs to arrive (regardless of other
| > reject conditions), and started sending myself messages from martha.
| > The bounce messages said only "administrator prohibition" and weren't
| > any more helpful in debugging it (other than knowing which entries it
| > _wasn't_ because they had better messages).  I found that the above
| > acl entry was the one at fault for rejecting all the (legitimate)
| > mail.  I've since removed that hosts condition, but I don't understand
| > why the effect of it would suddenly change.

| You should add a

| message = it was denied becuase <FOO>

| where FOO is appropriate to each particular deny

| to each of your denies, then you will get your custome messages instead
| of "Administrative Prohibition"

I have that in my other acl statements, but the verify=header_syntax
one always produces nice messages in my log files. The log snippet
above shows almost no error message at all. That's (partly) what I
don't understand. I also don't understand why, until today, that acl
fragment didn't reject those messages but today it did.

Thanks,
-D

--

A perverse man stirs up dissension,