Re: [Exim] Blocking incessant relay testers with Exim 4

Top Pagina
Auteur: Juha Saarinen
Aan: Dave C.
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Blocking incessant relay testers with Exim 4
Dave C. wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Juha Saarinen wrote:
> 1. Contact the idiots' ISP and tell them they have spammers on their
> networks. Worse yet, they have DUMB spammers who are too stupid to
> realize their relays are failing.

BTDT, no response. And, I'm not the only one to complain.
http://makeashorterlink.com/?P32A21A01

> 2. If it continues, get your router admin to put an IP level block in
> to prevent all traffic from the relevant IP's..

Router admin? Hey... that's me! ;-)

> You can reference such a file from within an ACL.

Yes, unless I misunderstand it, there's no way to refuse SMTP connections to
specific host IP addresses and/or IP address ranges with ACLs.

> Some hosts are braindead and will keep trying over and over. Of
> course, some will keep trying regardless of where you reject.

Looks like another router block then.

Cheers,

--
Juha