[Exim] Re: Read errors and Mailman

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: Read errors and Mailman
--
On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 07:35:07PM -0700, Chimera wrote:

| > > Any help appreciated. I couldn't find much help on Google or on the
| > > archives.
| >
| > I'm not sure why you're posting this to exim-users since the mailq output
| > you quote above is not from Exim. It looks like a recent version of
| Sendmail
| > given the queue ids above.

| Oops. Sorry, yes, that is from the second server, which is indeed running
| Sendmail. However, the Exim server reports:

| I am rerunning the mailq now, after deleting everything in the /db directory
| (so it would stop giving me 'retry time not exceeded'). It is taking a
| while, however.

Run 'exim -qf' to force re-delivery of queued mail.

| > In any case, it's likely that the problem is mail1.aaahawk.com's
| > firewall which appears to be a Cisco Pix with their 'MailGuard'
| > enabled. This causes problems with various mail servers that
| > result in problems like the above (SMTP sessions failing to
| > complete, connection resets, etc). I suspect if they turn that off
| > ('no fixup protocol smtp') the problems will go away.

While I haven't actually seen one of these devices, that sounds like a
plausible explanation.

| That gives me enough to at least talk to them about it. I was wondering if
| I was somehow listed on the RBL.

| > Mailguard offers nothing but a false sense of security at the expense of
| > ESMTP and reliable mail delivery.

| Is there a way to configure Exim at all to communicate with this?

I'm not sure. Before I read the rest of the queue I decided to play
with the server via telnet. It gives some interesting responses (eg
the banner and the helo reply), and seems to just hang if you give it
a whole bunch of "unimplemented" commands. That looks like a really
bad implementation to me, and correlates with Tabor's explanation. A
little more playing ... "ehlo" is unimplemented; a newline in a
command causes the hang.

-D

--

The lot is cast into the lap,
but its every decision is from the Lord.