Re: [Exim] Read errors and Mailman

Top Pagina
Auteur: Chimera
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Read errors and Mailman
> > Any help appreciated. I couldn't find much help on Google or on the
> > archives.
>
> I'm not sure why you're posting this to exim-users since the mailq output
> you quote above is not from Exim. It looks like a recent version of

Sendmail
> given the queue ids above.

Oops. Sorry, yes, that is from the second server, which is indeed running
Sendmail. However, the Exim server reports:

33h  2.5K 17H7V1-0004bs-00 <chimera@???>
          RikkiTikki@???

33h  2.7K 17H7Vu-0004bz-00 <chimera@???>
          RikkiTikki@???

33h  2.6K 17H7Xi-0004c6-00 <chimera@???>
          RikkiTikki@???

33h  1.0K 17H7ZK-0004cE-00 <chimera@???>
          RikkiTikki@???

21h  1.4K 17HIBT-00054M-00 <chimera@???>
          RikkiTikki@???

I am rerunning the mailq now, after deleting everything in the /db directory
(so it would stop giving me 'retry time not exceeded'). It is taking a
while, however.

> In any case, it's likely that the problem is mail1.aaahawk.com's firewall
> which appears to be a Cisco Pix with their 'MailGuard' enabled. This

causes
> problems with various mail servers that result in problems like the above
> (SMTP sessions failing to complete, connection resets, etc). I suspect if
> they turn that off ('no fixup protocol smtp') the problems will go away.

That gives me enough to at least talk to them about it. I was wondering if
I was somehow listed on the RBL.

> Mailguard offers nothing but a false sense of security at the expense of
> ESMTP and reliable mail delivery.

Is there a way to configure Exim at all to communicate with this?