[Exim] Read errors and Mailman

Autor: John Jones
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Read errors and Mailman
I am having some trouble with some Mailman lists sending mail to a
particular user. This user happens to be the list owner, and we are
attempting to figure out WHY this is happening.

Error messages in the mailq on waiting outbound mail:

g5B011p14289      398 Mon Jun 10 17:01
<umpires-admin@???>
                 (reply: read error from mail1.aaahawk.com.)
                                       <RikkiTikki@???>
g5A015p09560      502 Sun Jun  9 17:01
<umpires-admin@???>
                 (Deferred: Connection reset by mail1.aaahawk.com.)
                                       <RikkiTikki@???>

What exactly does a 'read error' mean? Is this an issue from my server,
or their server? Is there a possibility that the target server is using
an RBL that I am somehow listed in? (I had an email scare a few months
ago, stating that my IP appeared in such a DB because it was an ADSL
IP).

Any help appreciated. I couldn't find much help on Google or on the
archives.

John Jones