Re: [Exim] Help with rejecting hosts problems

Author: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
To: exim list
Subject: Re: [Exim] Help with rejecting hosts problems
--
On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 04:37:55PM -0400, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
| Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:

| Thank you for your response.

| > --
| > On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 01:12:23PM -0400, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
| > | Yes, I think I am confused. So let me back up and describe the problem
| > | and hopefully someone can point me in the direction of a solution,
| > | because mine obviously didn't work.
| > |
| > | Spam is the problem :)
| > | I started using RBL lists, this works great, but some hosts that I want
| > | to get mail from are listed.
| > |
| > | How do I make a white list of hosts I want to get mail from?
| >
| > First, use exim 4!

| Arrgh, I would like to be able to do this on exim 3.33 otherwise I will
| have to go through reconfiguring exim and get everything working again.
| If it can't be done with 3.33, then I'll have to bite the bullet and
| spend the extra few days to figure out how to upgrade.

I don't know if you can manage that with exim 3 or not. The problem
with exim 3 is that the relay controls are "global" parameters, and as
such you can't control the order in which they're checked. With the
introduction of the acls in exim 4, you can specify the order and
scope of each relay control in order to achieve exactly what you want.
You're welcome to dig through the details of exim3's semantics if you
want to, but I think moving to exim 4 would be much easier.

-D

--

Commit to the Lord whatever you do,
and your plans will succeed.