RE: [Exim] Re: Mail relay problems

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Andy Coy
Para: exim
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Re: Mail relay problems
OK hang on. As I stated originaly I'm a newbie to this, the server was set
up and running fine I usually just do day to day admin, adding and deleting
users e-mails through the sql bit. I got a letter stating that these IP
addresses needed to be added to the system. Tiscali handle NAS and DCHP for
me and provide all IP addresses. So if my customers dial up and get one of
these IP addresses from Tiscali I need to allow them all access do I not?
The problem is I have allowed all these 53,000 IP's relay through my server
yet they are still getting error 550 relaying denied messages. Why??

"Andy Coy" <judge@???> writes:

> I'm not trying to allow relay for them through my server. I'm trying to

get
> outgoing mail from my server to relay through them. I've not made it very
> clear have I, I have 200 users who have not been able to sent mail for 7

Good lord above. You want to set Tiscali's (not all that good)
mailserver as a smarthost for your Exim install, is that it?

Take a look at the Exim FAQ, or http://www.hserus.net/exim.html

What you have managed to do is to let any Tom, Dick and Harry on a
Tiscali dialup relay through your machine.

        -srs

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <---->  mallet <at> efn dot org
[Linux One Stanza Tip]    From : <bish@???>