Re: [Exim] Rejecting messages with no Message-Id

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Greg Ward
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Rejecting messages with no Message-Id
On 07 June 2002, Kevin P. Fleming said:
> Wouldn't it be better to use ${if def:header_message-id ...?

Oops, forgot to mention that I did try that, and go the same result.
That's actually where I started.

Anyways, I got it working to my satisfaction. Here's the ACL:

check_message:
  accept  senders = :
  require message = invalid address in message header
          verify = header_syntax
  [... skip conditions for rejecting messages with 8-bit junk in headers ...]
  deny    hosts     = !127.0.0.1 : !10.0.0.0/8
          condition = ${if eq {$h_message-id:}{<E$message_id@???>} {1}}
          message   = no message-id header supplied
  accept

It's a bit of a hack, especially since the server's hostname is
hardcoded in there. Seems to work though. The "accept senders = :"
seems to be important -- lots and lots of MTAs send bounce messages with
no message-id (or with 8-bit junk in the headers, or syntactically
invalid headers, or whatever.... sigh).

You know, sooner or later, spammers are going to start using empty
envelope senders. So much for "accept senders = :". ;-(

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???