Re: [Exim] Mail clients vs SMTP AUTH methods

Author: Mike Richardson
To: Leonardo Boselli
CC: Suresh Ramasubramanian, John W Baxter, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Mail clients vs SMTP AUTH methods
On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 07:49:04AM +0200, Leonardo Boselli wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> > > Pegasus mail
> > Which version would that be? Pegasus 4.x uses login pretty happily.
>
> 3.12 ... since 4.x does not add tto many usefus feature, but a couple of
> these can easily lead to errors [say sending HTML messages], since me and
> all people that I know about has kept 3.12 !

3.12 uses LOGIN and PLAIN quite happily. Our auth service can only
use LOGIN and PLAIN and we have a large Pegasus user base.

Mike

--
-----Plain text only please - attachments stripped on arrival.------
Copyright 2002       Mike Richardson, Room G98, Manchester Computing