Re: [Exim] exim + amavis + cyrus?

Góra strony
Autor: root
Dla: F.F. Jacot-Guillarmod
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] exim + amavis + cyrus?
On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, F.F. Jacot-Guillarmod wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone have a recipe on how to do this? Or reasons why one shouldn't?
> We've been happily running exim + cyrus, so that part is happy.
>
> The problem is that to run amavis you need something like this in the
> Transports:

> amavis:
> driver = pipe
> command = "/usr/local/sbin/amavis <${sender_address}> ${pipe_addresses}"
> prefix =
> suffix =
> check_string =
> escape_string =
> # for debugging change return_output to true
> return_output = false
> return_path_add = false
> user = amavis
> group = amavis
> path = "/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin"
> current_directory = "/var/amavis"
> headers_add = "X-Virus-Scanned: by AMaViS (http://amavis.org/)"

The amavis transport doesnt actually deliver the mail to the user, instead
it scans it and passes it back to exim.

What you want to do, (and this should be explained somewhere in the
amavis docs, since this works the same regardless of wether you deliver
local mail to cyrus, or to /var/spool/mail, or anywhere else), is make the
director that sends your mail to the amavis transport, to be conditional,
so that if it detects the mail is already scanned, it skips it, and allows
the mail to be delivered normally.

You probably also want the amavis director to be "no_verify", since its
presumably going to match any/every address...