[Exim] Re: ACL formats

Góra strony
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [Exim] Re: ACL formats
+++ Dave C. [linux-india] <06/06/02 12:26 -0400>:
> On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Scott M. Nolde wrote:
> > This is very similar to what I've done. However, I made a script to get
> > the SPEWS level one list:
>
> The SPEWS list is available as spews.relays.osirusoft.com, in case you
> want to just use a direct RBL query..

.. .and Joe Jared's nameservers have a tendency to go titsup on a fairly
regular basis. That, plus occasional typos in the spews zonefile that lead
to rather embarassing results.

We use spews rather extensively - but take the precaution of downloading it
and applying some sanity checks (like any large IP blocks that are added get
held up for an admin to take a look at them first).

It could be stuff like a spammer pretending to be an ISP got himself a /17 or
two, or it could be a typo by the spews maintainer(s) that managed to block
about 30% of IPV4 space, when the intention was to block a /24.

    -srs

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <---->  mallet <at> efn dot org
[Linux One Stanza Tip]    From : <mallet@???>