Re: [Exim] reject a recipient after DATA

Góra strony
Autor: Greg Ward
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] reject a recipient after DATA
On 06 June 2002, Derrick 'dman' Hudson said:
> I want to reject all mesasges to "bounceme@???", but I want
> to do it _after_ the local_scan() has been run (to give it a chance to
> reject first). I want to do this to allow people to experiment with
> sa-exim before they install it themself by running the mail through my
> system. The purpose of the failure (with suitable message) is to
> notify them that the message got past SA. (the "Dave.Null" address
> works satisfactorily, though :-)).

Do you insist that the message be rejected at SMTP-time? If not, maybe
something like this:

begin routers

[...]

  bounceme_real:
    driver = accept
    local_part = bounceme
    no_verify
    transport = bounceme_autoreply

  bounceme_verify:
    driver = accept
    local_part = bounceme
    new_address = dman@???

So at RCPT TO time, Exim just looks at bounceme_verify, and accepts the
address. But when it comes time to actually deliver it -- ie. after
local_scan() says the message is OK -- then bounceme_real takes over,
and bounces the message using the bounceme_autoreply transport. (Which
I have left as an exercise for the reader.)

Not sure if new_address is necessary for bounceme_verify. It should
never be used, of course.

Hmmm, you could probably also do this in the system filter -- but then
you have to worry about the multiple recipients case.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???