Re: [Exim] would like hosts_randomize to be more random

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: mark david mcCreary
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] would like hosts_randomize to be more random
On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, mark david mcCreary wrote:

<in the router>

>    route_list = * breeze.mail-list.com bydns

<in the transport>

>    hosts = breeze.mail-list.com:\
>            breeze.mail-list.com:\
>            breeze.mail-list.com:\
>            brisk.mail-list.com:\
>            express.mail-list.com:\
>            express.mail-list.com:\
>            express.mail-list.com:\
>            swifty.mail-list.com:\
>            swifty.mail-list.com:\
>            swifty.mail-list.com:\
>            velocity.mail-list.com:\
>            velocity.mail-list.com:\
>            velocity.mail-list.com
>    hosts_override
>    hosts_randomize
>    max_rcpt = 100

Things have changed in Exim 4. I suggest you try putting the host list
and hosts_randomize into the router instead of the transport.

If this doesn't work, run a delivery with debugging on, and send me the
output.

Some explanation for those who are interested: In Exim 3, max_rcpt =
100 would cause the transport to be run several times, each time with
100 recipients. So for each 100, the host list would be randomized. In
Exim 4, the transport is run once, and it sends several copies of the
message over a single SMTP connection, each with up to 100 recipients.
So you need to randomize the host list at routing time.