[Exim] re: How to get Exim, 4.04, to verify that a sender co…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Tim Sexton
To: exim-users
Oggetto: [Exim] re: How to get Exim, 4.04, to verify that a sender comes from our domain
Hello All,
    Just to add some info to the scenario.  We have an Exchange 5.5
server that routes all of it's mail, except local,  to the Exim 4.04
box.  I can't use smtp auth to block the relay because of some VPO's
that live on the Exchange server, that don't have an account.  Exim is
blocking relays just fine, however, because of the relay_from_hosts =
"name of exchange server",  everyone can relay off our Exchange server
through the Exim server.  Any ideas how I might be able use Exim to
relay only mail that comes from a valid mail account  in our domain?
Thanks for all of the help.
Tim Sexton

>     I would like to set up Exim to verify that all senders come from

our
> domain, and refuse the relay if they don't. Is there a way to make it

> verify the that the sender's address is *younglife.org? I have read

the
> docs, but still can't figure out how to make it reject a relay based

on
> a sender address not meeting a spec.

Which version of Exim are you using? What have you got for a start?
The sample config file distributed with Exim is a useful starting point.

        Greg