Re: [Exim] Scalability

Autor: Xander D Harkness
A: Exim Users Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Scalability

Greg A. Woods wrote:

>[ On Wednesday, June 5, 2002 at 13:07:27 (-0400), Joseph Kezar wrote: ]
>
>>Subject: [Exim] Scalability
>>
>>We have 1400 users happily using exim. We've implemented it about 8 months
>>ago. Currently we are having issues with our email servers capacity. There
>>is 30+GB of mail stored there. Here is a scenerio: One user has a humerous
>>picture and decides to email it to all-staff@???. The picture
>>is 1MB in size. The disk usage has just increased on our mailserver 1.4GB
>>because of that one picture (1MB x 1400 users = 1.4GB). Is there anyway
>>around this nightmere?
>>

>You might consider blocking all messages of more than about 150KB or so
>and tell your users they _MUST_ use a proper file transfer protocol.... :-)

You might also like to try message_size_limit_count_recipients

This takes the message limit and multiplies it by the number of
recipients therefore you could have a 20Mb
limit on your message size which should not affect anyone (okay many
people ;-) but it means that they will
not be able to mail more that twenty people a 1Mb video or whatever it
may be.

Kind regards
Xander