Re: [Exim] Authenticate

Top Pagina
Auteur: Mike Richardson
Aan: Jesse Angell
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Authenticate
On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 01:36:34PM -0500, Jesse Angell wrote:
> Hello,
>     I need to setup my exim smtp mail server to authenticate (using the
>     linux users) when someone sends a mail through it. I need this
>     authentication working as soon as possible as I am getting a lot of
>     spam complaints.. Help me out, how do i set it up to authenticate with
>     the linux users???

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/exim3/config.samples.tar.gz

Example C034 on SMTP Authentication using PAM..

However this can't stop your users receiving spam because your system
will still have to allow unauthenticated connections from external
MTAs. All it can really do is make sure your own users don't send out
spam (I add headers with the users real name, email address and source
IP - nothing which wouldn't already be in a legitimate - non spam - email).

Try SpamAssassin..

Mike

--
-----Plain text only please - attachments stripped on arrival.------
Copyright 2002       Mike Richardson, Room G98, Manchester Computing