Re: [Exim] Failing dbmnz lookup with exim-4.04

Autor: Kevin P. Fleming
A: Tamas TEVESZ
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Failing dbmnz lookup with exim-4.04
That was my first inclination as well, but there are only one set of db3
libs (3.2.9 from RedHat) on my system. I have verified that Exim is using
that version (running exim -d -be shows the db3 library initialization). I
can't directly verify that the cyrus imap code is using that same version,
but using db3's db_dump command shows that the database is "VERSION 3", and
I don't know of any other db3 libs on this system...

Running ldd against /opt/usr/bin/imapd shows a reference to
/lib/libdb-3.2.so, so I'm 99.9% positive that imapd and exim are using the
same db3 libraries. This was also a brand-new imapd installation, so the db
files were not created with an older version previously. Running ldd against
/opt/usr/bin/exim does _not_ show a reference to the db library, but I
believe that's because exim uses dlopen() to access those libraries instead
of having them linked directly to the executable.