Re: [Exim] Outlook AUTH + TLS on a non-standard port

Autor: Matt Bernstein
A: Rick Ennis
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Outlook AUTH + TLS on a non-standard port
At 01:50 -0400 Rick Ennis wrote:

>Interestingly enough, Outlook --> Exim works on port 23 if I disable
>outbound SSL/TLS. Could Outlook have something hard-coded to port 25 for
>SSL even though they give you the option to change it? Does anyone have
>experience with this? I've tried running Exim on 25 and port forwarding
>something else to it. But the problem consistently appears to be on the
>desktop side.

This is little more than a guess, but it may be the difference between
SMTP STARTTLS and "ssmtp", the kind of thing Exim can do when wrapped in
an stunnel (though remember to require SMTP in this case).

You could try the stunnel listening on port 465. Or maybe try tcp/587
which is the "submission" port. Maybe, just maybe, Outlook will talk
"real" SMTP to 587.

Matt