Re: [Exim] Authentication with POP3

Autor: Xander D Harkness
A: Roberto Mason
CC: Exim-User (E-mail)
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Authentication with POP3
Roberto Mason wrote:

>I``ve installed my POP3 server, On my Linux Server, I have a user defined
>with password. When i go and authenticate with Outlook, it asked me for
>username and password. I went into authentication configuration and turned
>on LDAP with dc=robertomason.pointclark, dc=net and my ip address is that of
>my server 192.168.1.2.
>
>According to what I understand, (I`ve never worked with LDAP), but LDAP
>works as a database. Does this mean I have to create a record in LDAP and if
>so how do I do that or does pop authenticate itself with the same
>username/password (/etc/passwd)?

This is really not exim stuff.

pop3 and imap use /etc/passwd in stock RH using University of Washington
IMAP server (which is the default package)

If you have other problems can I invite you to take it off list and mail
me directly or have a look at the redhat lists :-)

Kind regards
Xander